Stay Back Option After Studies in Abroad
UK Will Welcome More Overseas Students
December 27, 2018
Popular Tests To Study Abroad
January 18, 2019
Show all

Stay Back Option After Studies in Abroad

Settle abroad after your studies

One of the major factors behind the rising number of international students across the globe is the opportunities that are presented in the job sector abroad. While a degree from a university abroad covers wide aspects like an experience of different cultures and exposure on a global platform, the actual impact of education is reflected in the curriculum vitae of the student. Keeping the numbers in mind, many other emerging studies abroad destinations have either simplified or introduced new policies to facilitate easier post-study work visa for international students.

Students and parents are getting apprehensive about studying abroad; and why shouldn’t they? After all, everyone would like to work in the country after studies to gain international work experience and to recover a significant part of the studying costs.

Post Study Work Permit in the UK

If you are studying a degree-level course for 12 months or more, you can stay for the length of your course plus an extra four months.

Moreover, there are 23 top universities in the UK allowing students to remain in the UK for 6 months after they have finished their course

Post Study Work Permit in the US

As an F1 student visa holder, international students are able to complete up to a year of temporary employment directly related to the major field of study.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is a one-year work and stay-back permit given to international students on completion of a degree program in the US. There are two types of OPT – one which can be used during one’s studies i.e. PreCompletion OPT, and another which starts after completing one’s studies i.e. Post-Completion OPT.

The job you get after finishing your course must be directly related to your field of study. You have to find the job within 90 days after graduation.

Post Study Work Permits in Germany

In Germany after you complete your master’s or bachelor’s or your doctorate, you can apply and get a Residence Permit for 18 months

Post-study work visa in Canada:

International students who wish to work in Canada after their graduation have to apply under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) for a post-study work visa in Canada.

Course length is more than 8 months but less than 2 years: International students who have completed a programme which is more than 8 months but less than 2 years in the country are eligible to work for a period equal to the length of their programme.

Course length is 2 years or more: In case a student has completed a course which is more than 2 years in length, he/she is eligible to apply for a work permit of three years in Canada.

Post-study work visa in Australia

With a 485 visa, you are allowed to stay in Australia for 18 months to gain work experience only if you have just completed at least two years of study in Australia.

Post Study Work Permit in Ireland

If you are enrolled as a full-time student, with an Irish accredited degree, and have the Visa Stamp 2 you may qualify for the Third Level Graduate Scheme. The steps to the process are as follows –

1. Students can apply for the non-renewable extension of up to 2 years after course completion.

2. Later on, you can apply for a green card (renamed Critical Skills Employment Permit) or work permit (renamed General Employment Permit).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *